Where do we deliver to?
We deliver to Most areas within the UK Mainland. For offshore UK islands please call 0800 195 98 97 as charges will apply.
Isle of Wight is free or charge, Isle of Man will carry an extra £9.00 fee but may take 2 - 4 days to deliver.
Scottish Highlands is an extra £6.95 delivery but can also take 2 - 3 days.
AB postcodes can take 2 days to deliver and is also £6.95.
We cannot ship to KW and ZE postcodes.
All larger batteries which must be sent by pallet cannot be sent offshore, this includes Isle of Wight and Northern Ireland. Some postcodes off higher Scotland may also be affected by pallet shipping, our team would call to inform you.
What does delivery cost?
Most of our online products include VAT and FREE Delivery to the UK Mainland only. We pay our couriers for a next working day service. Sometimes (although rarely) courier issues can delay parcels, so please allow up to 48 hours for delivery. Please see above for extra charges.
Larger Commercial & Marine batteries which need to be sent via pallet will incur an extra postal charge.
When will it arrive?
We normally dispatch our products at 4pm. Delivery is intended to be next working day assuming you have ordered before pm Monday - Thursday. Friday orders will be delivered the following Monday (unless the product is stating longer delivery times). However, this could (although rarely) be affected by disrupted road transport networks, weather conditions, courier depot issues.
We cannot give a precise time of delivery, couriers can deliver between 9am and 7pm weekdays.
Deliveries will not be made on Bank Holidays.
If your parcel is more than 2 days late, please call us on 0800 195 9897.
If nobody is home or the courier does not feel its safe to leave securely, they will reattempt the following day. They normally do this 2 times and then return to the sender (us).
Any changes to an address must be reported immediately as our couriers collect parcels 4 times a day. Please call 0800 195 9897.
Xmas and New Year 2019 / 2020 Delivery Schedule
Our courier services collect dispatched products at around 4pm Monday to Friday
|Date||Is delivery available on this date ?|
|Friday 20th December||Yes|
|Saturday 21st December||No|
|Sunday 22nd December||No|
|Monday 23rd December||Yes|
|Tuesday 24th December (Christmas Eve)||No|
|Wednesday 25th December (Christmas Day)||No|
|Thursday 26th December (Boxing Day)||No|
|Friday 27th December||Yes But order before 3pm|
|Saturday 28th December||No|
|Sunday 29th December||No|
|Monday 30th December||Yes|
|New Years Eve & New Years Day||No|
BACK TO NORMAL DELIVERY ON THURSDAY 2nd JANUARY 2019
How do I track my battery?
We cannot give you a precise time on delivery. If your parcel is 2 days late then please call 0161 477 9800. We use 3 different courier companies to cope with our high volume of parcels.
Does the price include fitting?
Fitting is not included in the Buy Online price.
We provide delivery & fitting service around the North West of England, click here for more information and areas covered.
Any product found on receipt to be damaged must be reported to us immediately.
Call us on 0800 195 98 97 Free from UK Landlines (Monday to Friday 9am-5pm)
In the instance of a warrantied product failing you must contact us. In most circumstances a replacement battery will be issued immediately and sent with a 24 hour courier. We also collect the faulty battery free of charge. Our team will diagnose the fault over the phone or by email. We sometimes request the voltage and cca of the battery so we can condemn it. Our team has over 50 years of experience in batteries so please take their advice.
You must remove any tack or plastic plugs from at least one air vent before installation. These are in place for transit purposes only to prevent any leakage during transit.
We cannot exchange a flat (discharged) battery, only faulty products. If something on the vehicle has drained the battery, or the alternator has failed, this would not cover under warranty. Below is Battery State of Charge chart.
Testing a faulty battery
Before we can accept return of a faulty battery, you should have the battery VOLTS & CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) tested locally likes ATS, Quick fit or Halfords.
Our product warranties cover product replacement only i.e. we guarantee the product against physical failure for the duration of x years (usually 4) We will supply a replacement battery in the instance of product failure during that period.
Machinery, Tractors, Taxi vehicles, Black Cabs using 643, 663, 644, 664 type commercial batteries are only guaranteed for 12 months due to extreme usage. Start Stop Taxi are given 3 years warranty with AGM battery types.
We do not accept product returns that are caused by vehicles with malfunctioning alternators** We also do not accept product returns from owners of vehicles that are driven for less than 30 miles per week. Where the vehicle is driven less than 30 miles per week the battery is not charged regularly enough to be considered normal operation. We would advise the regular use of a battery maintenance charger.
This includes Leisure Batteries such as those used in Motorhomes, Caravans, Boats etc. Where a leisure battery has been left uncharged for such a period of time as to cause the battery to sulphate.
We recommend Leisure Batteries should be kept above 12.10 volts, Your warranty will be void if 10.60 volts (100% discharged).
Negligence on your part may be investigated if we doubt that your claim is genuine.
(** The vehicle's alternator re-charges the battery whilst the engine is running)
Powerplus Lifetime Guarantee
- The Powerplus Lifetime guarantee battery refers to the lifetime of the vehicle its being purchased for.
- You are required to provide the registration number of the vehicle when ordering the battery for us to honour the warranty and also for us to confirm fitment.
How does the guarantee work?
- The lifetime guarantee is not transferable between vehicles or customers.
- If the battery is found to be faulty, we will replace it within 24 working hours nationwide, free of charge.
- We will carry a complete health check on the battery and diagnose if it is actually faulty or discharged.
- If the registration is not given at the time of purchasing the battery, the warranty will be void. You can enter the reg number on the checkout page of our website.
- The guarantee covers any manufacturing faults that arise within the battery ie if the battery develops a bad cell, a break inside the battery or loss of cranking.
- If the battery has been discharged by an electrical fault or any other problems that is not a battery manufacturing issue, they will sadly not be covered under the guarantee.
How does the guarantee work?
The list below outlines some battery issues that are not manufacturing defects and are not covered by the lifetime guarantee.
- Overcharing. This can be caused by a fault in the vehicles charging system.
- Sulphation. This can happen if the vehicle is stood for long periods without use. Its recommended to recharge the battery once a month if the vehicle is doing less than 3000 miles a year.
- Misuse. Wear and tear from over tightening terminals or any other physical damage caused by misuse.
- Incorrect Application. The battery must be used on a vehicle with an alternator and must be used for the vehicle with the given registration number only.
- CANNOT BE USED ON TAXIS OR MACHINERY
Discounted or our end of line products can only be returned for repair no refunds of replacements will be made.